In this Guide we will be growing the strain Argyle by Tweed. Which is a cross of Sensi Star and Afghani. It is indica dominant so it will be a short and dense plant. This is good for indoor growing. Also more suitable for cooler climates with a shorter grow season. May be able to be flowered outside in the summer depending on the plant hardiness in your area. Coldness at night time is the greatest concern. This strain has a balanced ratio of THC to CBD. This strain is considered a medical strain and is good for back pain and is a mood enhancer.
You should have a grow space/grow tent set up with a grow light and set for 18hrs on and 6 hrs off. We will be using LED grow lights. Oneo 1000W Full spectrum is the one we will be using. A Four Pant Setup works very well.
1.Day 1. Hydrate peat pellet.
2. Place seeds into hydrated peat pellet. Push down gently. Scrape peat from sides towards center to cover seed. Spray with a fine mist of water.
3. Place peat pellets with seeds in a seed starter dome tray. Spray inside of dome with a fine mist or water. Place in the corner of your grow area that does not have intense light. This would be your smaller vegetative grow space if following four plant setup. A heat mat under seed tray can help speed things up.
4. Maintain temperature 25 to 28°C and 70% humidity. Also ensure that peat pellet stays moist and does not dry out. Spray a fine mist of water if needed. Heat from grow light will make temperature rise in grow space. Use exhaust/carbon filter fan to exhaust heat accordingly.
5. One of the seeds sprouted.
6. We removed the dome for a bit to get humidity down in dome tray. Around 70% on day 5. And 60% on day 6.
7. We have placed seedling in disposable cup with holes poked in bottom and sides and filled with coco coir. Soiled was sprayed with water to be slightly moist. We also sprayed a fine mist of water on seedling and placed in a mini greenhouse.
8. A slow start. After roots start to develop more plant should grow at a faster rate. Plant should be ready for the lower humidity and removed from mini greenhouse soon.
10. The past week the humidity dome was left off during light on and put back on before lights are off. Water coco lightly every few days and mist with fine spray of water as needed. A little more growth. The roots should be pretty well established and plant should start to grow at a faster pace.
11. Growing at a faster rate now. More leaves plant should grow a lot more quicker now.
12. Plant is growing at a faster rate now.
13. Plant is starting to take off.
14. A lot more growth. We cut off some leaves on day 45 to let more light get around. Yellow tips of leaves show minor nutrient burn. Nutrient solution will be lowered slightly. We will also be topping the plant soon.
15. We topped our plant. Be careful when you cut to not to cut the shoot of new growth. Topping will make the plant more bushier and not take on a Christmas tree like shape. It also produces more bud sites. I have done this with chili peppers with great results. We will move up a size in container soon.
16. We moved up to a 1 gal pot. It was easy to take out of solo cup. Squeeze cup lightly in different places to loosen up coco and pull up on base of plant. Tilting it sideways can also help. The topped plant now has two main colas instead of one. We will be doing some trimming and training soon. We are also close to plant being matured enough to take cuttings.(Clones).
17. We are going to cut three clones to give us our four plants since only one of the four seeds took and grow strong.